The Most Effective Patient ID Technology
Representing the future in positive identification, PDC Smart Band® Radio Frequency ID (RFID) Wristbands provide the most powerful and accurate technology to identify and connect patients, staff, equipment, location, and procedures for efficiency, cost savings, and patient safety.
Smart Band® RFID Wristbands contain a microchip and antenna with a unique identifier, allowing information to be written and retrieved by RFID scanners at any time. Patient information can be instantly accessed on all devices and applications in proximity - no need to scan - while data is stored for downstream analysis including billing, process improvement, and infection surveillance.
Why choose RFID over barcoding?
- RFID yields larger memory capacities, longer read distances, and faster processing times.
- RFID does not require line-of-site data transmission so tags can be read through and around the human body, clothing, bed coverings, and non-metallic materials. This enables a caregiver to scan a wristband without disturbing the patient.
- RFID tags are dynamic data carriers, enabling updates to the encoded data at any time. With barcodes, any changes to the data requires printing a new bar code.
- RFID provides increased security over bar codes, which are easy to copy and duplicate.
- First time read rates of RFID tags are higher than barcodes, which improves system efficiency.
- Wristband curvature has minimal impact on the read rate for an RFID tag, whereas it can greatly impact bar code read rates, depending on symbology or orientation.
Choose from several PDC Smart Band® RFID Wristbands, each with a direct thermal print surface for on-demand printing and encoding.
Our RFID Wristbands meet applicable National Patient Safety Goals of The Joint Commission and other regulatory guidelines.
Talk to a PDC Expert About RFID
Get started by filling out the below form, and a PDC representative will reach out to you.