PDC Healthcare's patented Smart Band® RFID Wristband System provides non-transferable Positive Patient Identification, which prevents misidentification errors and increases patient safety. Benefits of PDC Healthcare's RFID Solutions include:
- Helps improve system efficiency, tracking, and communication, while preventing data entry and collection errors.
- Helps ensure that the “Five Rights of Medication Safety” are achieved, facilitating real-time confirmation of the right patient, drug, dose, route, and time.
- Read/write electronic storage technology allows for data transfer to and from host systems and data storage.
- Yields larger memory capacities and reading ranges, and faster processing than bar codes. Unlike bar code, RFID’s non-line-of-site data transmissions can be read through and around the human body, clothing, bed coverings, and non-metallic materials.
- Smart Band® Wristbands can be programmed and printed on demand by direct thermal or thermal transfer printers/programmers.