Representing the future in positive identification, PDC Healthcare's Smart Band® Radio Frequency ID (RFID) Wristbands provide the most powerful and accurate technology to identify and connect patients, staff, equipment, location, and procedures for efficiency, cost savings, and patient safety.
Smart Band® RFID Wristbands contain a microchip and antenna with a unique identifier, allowing information to be written and retrieved by RFID scanners at any time. Patient information can be instantly accessed on all devices and applications in proximity - no need to scan - while data is stored for downstream analysis including billing, process improvement, and infection surveillance.
RFID Advantages Over Bar Code:
- RFID yields larger memory capacities, longer read distances, and faster processing times.
- RFID does not require line-of-site data transmission so tags can be read through and around the human body, clothing, bed coverings, and non-metallic materials. This enables a caregiver to scan a wristband without disturbing the patient.
- RFID tags are dynamic data carriers, enabling updates to the encoded data at any time. With bar codes, any changes to the data requires printing a new bar code.
- RFID provides increased security over bar codes, which are easy to copy and duplicate.
- First time read rates of RFID tags are higher than bar codes, which improves system efficiency. Also, wristband curvature has minimal impact on the read rate for an RFID tag, whereas it can greatly impact bar code read rates, depending on symbology or orientation.
Choose from several PDC Healthcare Smart Band® RFID Wristbands, each with a direct thermal print surface for on-demand printing and encoding. Embedded with the same RFID technology, PDC Healthcare also provides a full line of RFID Cards for use as staff ID badges, visitor badges, and more.
Our RFID Wristbands meet applicable National Patient Safety Goals of The Joint Commission and other regulatory guidelines. For more information, see our Patient Safety page.
Featuring a secure and tamper-evident adhesive closure, computer-generated Smart ScanBand® can be simultaneously printed with bar code information and programmed with RFID information on demand at a frequency of 13.56 MHz.More Info
Smart CompuBand® wristbands can be simultaneously printed and programmed using an RFID printer/programmer. Tamper-proof and secure single-post snap closure provides maximum security.More Info
This wristband features a rounded shape for maximum comfort. It can be simultaneously printed and programmed using a direct thermal RFID printer/programmer. Secured with double-post, one-time use snap closure. 13.56 MHz, ISO 15693-3 compatible.More Info
Plugs into SD slots.More Info
Reads ISO 15693 transponders, and includes a push-button trigger. Available in either RS-232, USB and Bluetooth interfaces.More Info
Contains a programmable 13.56 MHz Texas Instruments Tag-it HF-I transponder and fits securely on a key ring for easy accessibility.More Info
Contains a Texas Instruments Tag-it HF-I transponder and can be printed and programmed using a dye-sublimation card printer and programmer.More Info